new user: inventory tracking & webstore workflow

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms new user: inventory tracking & webstore workflow

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

murphy917
    Participant

I just purchased tapforms for mac, ipad and Iphone and have started to try to figure out a workflow for managing a newly created business that sells furniture and showroom samples.

Im looking for any suggestions from the tapformz community to help with creating a workflow to be able to create a process of creating a workflow from the point where we purchase new furniture and check it in the warehouse to input the info needed to then upload the form data to a webstore such as big commerce, 3dcart or any other sales cart (could be wordpress or hosted cart, I’m open to suggestions)

My question to the community is this…

Does tapforms seem like a good foundation for this purpose?
    or is there a better solution that might work better?

I really like the tapforms software and will use it for a lot of personal forms so either way, thanks to the makers of this great product. Love it!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions to help with creating this workflow…. I cant quite figure out what would be a simple process to get my inventory with photos, descriptions, etc…. from warehouse to web in an efficient way without having to create each individual product and upload each photo. With about 300 pieces, this would take forever. However, it just may have to be that way….I hope you all have suggestions.

Thanks,
    -Murph

March 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM #6057

Roo
    Participant

I am using TF to collect field data including photos & linked data in separate databases & then exporting these for re-processing in MS Access for use in higher level systems. This can be largely automated with a few macros. Exporting with record IDs turned on in settings ensures all links can be easily re-established in Access (or other dbs). The reason I like TF is that it is much easier to use & train people for the field data collection than other products I have seen. I’m not familiar with the software you mention but if they can take raw csv data and manipulate it I not see why you couldn’t import the TF export files directly.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.