New user help required

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

psion854
    Participant

Hi I am using Tap Forms on an iPad and have noticed something. I was planing on using it in the field as an electronic note taker. I have copied the headings on my hard copy paper to tap forms. One of my headings is General Observations. Is there anyway to make what u type stay on the page instead of on one line and go off the screen as its very hard to review.

Regards

Andrew

November 10, 2012 at 9:30 PM #5525

Roo
    Participant

If you change your note text fields to Notes field types then you can set the number of lines that display and the text will all wrap within the display box. I have set up to 25 lines without a problem.

November 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM #5530

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks for responding to this one Roo. At first I thought they were referring to Section Headings on the details screen. Tap Forms keeps the section heading on the page as you scroll your record up. At least until another section heading gets displayed.

But yes, the tip that Roo described is how you can have more than one line displayed for a Note field. You can also set the value to 0 and it will be unlimited lines. But that could get unruly. :)

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.