New Sync Features

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Roo
    Participant

Great to have the latest update Brendan. I like the progress bar on the sync update and it is reassuring to see what is happening. One little issue is that after seeing the iPad upload and then turning on the iPhone to see it update, the date of the sync did not change on the phone even though it updated correctly on the iPad. However all the data synced correctly.

October 24, 2012 at 10:29 PM #5476

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Roo,

Hmm… That’s odd. It’ll probably update the next time you sync. I don’t actually use the date displayed there for anything important. There’s an internal sync counter which is used to determine if a sync file has been processed or not.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 26, 2012 at 7:31 PM #5479

jsutton
    Participant

I have Tap Forms installed on my macbook air, iphone (4S) and Ipad. I can not get updates done on the iphone to update the mac air over wi-fi. All versions of Tap Forms are the latest and the OS is up to date on all devices. This excellent app would be just about perfect if sync worked!

October 28, 2012 at 9:07 PM #5481

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi jsutton,

Do all devices at least see each other in the list of Registered Devices? If not, please see the blog post about iCloud not working on my site.

When you click the sync button on the iPad or iPhone, do you not sometime later see the Syncing message appear on the Mac?

Brendan

October 29, 2012 at 10:54 AM #5486

jsutton
    Participant

Brendan,

All three devices show up on the icloud sync list ( Iphone, Ipad, and Mac Air ). The Iphone and Ipad sync together correctly. The Mac Air does not. It is missing one record from a form that shows up correctly on the other two devices.

October 31, 2012 at 10:38 PM #5500

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi jsutton,

Try to edit something on that record which isn’t showing up, then sync again. See if it gets synced to the Mac then. If not, I’d recommend doing the Reset Sync function. Make sure you’re using the latest version of Tap Forms on your iOS devices before doing that.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 1, 2012 at 10:48 AM #5509

jsutton
    Participant

Brendan,

I edited the offending record and it still did not sync. I turned off sync on the Mac Air, and requested that the form reside on iCloud only. I then re-enabled sync and the offending record showed up. When I resync’d the iPhone, I got several records that I had deleted before. Cleaning those up and modifying records on both the Mac Air and the Iphone is keeping in sync now.

I’ll just keep an eye on the sync’ing.

Thanks.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.