New iCloud Sync question 5.1

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Your video shows an example of syncing a new file. If I have an already synced file on my Mac and iPad, how do I go about syncing them. Just click on the iCloud sync in prefs on both of them, or delete the file from the iPad and sync as from new from the Mac?

Cheers

Tony

April 30, 2017 at 9:46 AM #22824

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

You can just disable whatever current sync you’re using, then enable iCloud sync.

I would recommend doing it on one device at a time. When one device has finished uploading all its data, then enable iCloud sync on the next device, and so on.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 30, 2017 at 4:49 PM #22836

scott dunaway
    Participant

Brendan,

Thanks for the update! Nice new content.

Are encrypted databases also encrypted in iCloud when using the new Sync option?

Scott

April 30, 2017 at 5:04 PM #22837

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes and no. Yes they’re encrypted when stored at rest on Apple’s servers. But no because it’s not Tap Forms that encrypted the data on Apple’s servers.

When you sync an encrypted document, Tap Forms decrypts the data as it’s reading it in order to send it to iCloud. Then it’s re-encrypted while being sent over the Internet using an SSL connection. Then it’s re-encrypted by Apple as it’s saved to the disk on their servers.

I don’t know what kind of encryption they’re using. But if you’re concerned about it, please see this document about iCloud security and privacy:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202303

It would be no different than you storing any of your data in iCloud at that point.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 1, 2017 at 10:10 AM #22856

Britain Wilson
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I have a business and personal iCloud accounts. I would like for TF to sync with my business iCloud account to allow for group use with multiple devices. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Brit

May 1, 2017 at 11:38 AM #22860

Brendan
    Keymaster

Tap Forms will use whatever iCloud account you have logged in for your device.

If you want to sync with other people, then use Cloudant.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.