New Feature Requests

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Lateral
    Participant

Hi Brendan

I thought that I would list these in a single post:

1. Provide ability to email total backup of Tapforms environment – Currently you can create a backup file of your total Tapforms environment including all forms and data but this requires you to be connected to itunes.

2. You currently have 4 seperate options under Database Maintenance..add a 5th option to do all 4 functions in a single operation.

3. Provide ability to auto switch screen orientation for forms into Landscape mode.

4. Add new field type called “Calendar Event” that adds a calender event directly to you Iphone Calender with a description/Note of your choosing.

5. Add new field type called “Note with Date” that adds the current date each time the Note field is opened or when the use enters a special character from within the text that they are entering.

Regards
    Greg

March 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM #6053

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Greg,

Thanks for the feature requests.

1. You can upload your backup files to Dropbox right within Tap Forms. So no need to connect to iTunes. Emailing a backup file would probably be too big for many users.

2. Noted.

3. Landscape is supported on Notes, Photos, Maps, & Website fields. It didn’t really look or work very well on the record details screen so I didn’t put it in there. Also, you can rotate on the iPad version just fine. Much more space there.

4. Noted.

5. Here’s a tip: type ddate into any field and see what happens! Tap Forms is integrated with TextExpander touch, so you can use that to configure all kinds of macros and have Tap Forms recognize them.

Download TextExpander here:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/textexpander/id326180690?mt=8

Thanks!

Brendan

March 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM #6054

Lateral
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Thanks for the update and comments.

I had a look at TextExpander and the reviews aren’t very positive and it appears to be expensive.

I suggest that you had some of its functionality so that it is native to Tapforms so that you do not need to rely on third party Apps.

Regards
    Greg

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.