Need a restore on Mac, iCloud snyc with iOS always deletes forms from restore

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Need a restore on Mac, iCloud snyc with iOS always deletes forms from restore

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Yogie
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I need to restore my iMac Tap Forms DB, which works fine, but as soon as I activate iCloud synchronization my iMac forms are deleted and overwritten by the forms that are on my iOS devices. I tried already several ways to get the iOS forms merged with the one from my iMac without success. How can I prevent my forms from getting deleted? I also tried to remove all Tap Form data from my iCloud account and start again but all fails. Export Import does not work for me, the data gets exported by Tap Forms very well, but the import with Tap Forms fails because the Tap Forms import has issues with the numbers format, this time using grep in TextWrangler to find/replace comma/periods did not work.

Any hint?

Many thanks.
    Yogie

September 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM #6591

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Yogi,

Before you turn on iCloud Sync on your Mac, go to your iOS device and tap on the Reset iCloud Sync button. That will clear the files for you in iCloud and reset some settings.

Then enable iCloud Sync on all your devices again.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 4, 2013 at 4:41 AM #6592

Yogie
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

that worked.

Thank you!

Cheers
    Yogie

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.