Need a quick calculation-Advice

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Alexander Wolff
    Participant

Hi!
    I m currently implementing in my company a carpool management with TapForms to speed up giving Keys and document to the employees.
    Some of the cars in the pool have a restricted access to certain drivers.

So i have a form as inventory of cars that contains a checkmark for “Access restricted”

In another form for handling the ins and outs i have a picklist to choose the needed car. This picklist should show the result of informations about the car in the inventor: Plate-ID and “Access restricted”.

Im able to bring up the Plate-Id in this calculation but i have no idea how to create the “IF”-Formula for it differs heavily from the kind of spreadsheets im used to.
    I tried “If([access restricted]0,””,”Access restricted”) but the result stays empty.
    Can someone please clean up the formula for me?

Thanks in advance

AW

July 6, 2017 at 10:08 AM #23656

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Alexander,

Try this:

IF(Access Restricted = 0, “”, “Access Restricted”)

Make sure you use regular quotes and not curly quotes.

If you’re using the iOS version, Tap Forms will put the square brackets around the field name, but on Mac it will display as a blue pill shaped button.

So if the value of Access Restricted is 0 (meaning OFF), Tap Forms will return the empty string. Otherwise it will return the value “Access Restricted”.

Make sure you set the Result Type to Text.

July 8, 2017 at 11:01 AM #23671

Alexander Wolff
    Participant

Thank you for the fast reply, works like a charm.

Kind regards,
    A. Wolff

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.