Nearby sync only working in one direction

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Nearby sync only working in one direction

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Adrian Mathie
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I have previously had “nearby sync” working between my iPhone and desktop Mac.

I don’t know when it started but syncing only now happens if I enter new information on my Mac. This is transferred to my iPhone. But, if I enter new information on my iPhone it doesn’t go across to my Mac.

I’ve notice that in the tools/sync settings window my Mac is listed and shows a green light indicating that it is recognised and available. However, in the preferences/sync pane on my Mac, my iPhone is listed but shows a red light.

I also occasionally sync with another two Macs but I’m leaving them out of the equation for the moment.

Please could you advise what I should do to restore bidirectional syncing.

Many thanks

April 25, 2017 at 5:54 AM #22728

Adrian Mathie
    Participant

Sorry, one thing I forgot to mention is that in the preferences/sync pane on my Main Mac, my iPhone and other Macs are listed but for my other Macs the “User” is listed as my full name, but the user for my iPhone is simply listed as “mobile user”. I don’t know whether that has any relevance or not.

April 25, 2017 at 9:23 AM #22730

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Adrian,

I wasn’t able to get any username from an iPhone, so that’s why it’s listed as “Mobile user”. The iPhone just doesn’t provide me with that information.

I would suggest removing the iPhone from your Mac and try adding it again to see if you get the green dot again.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.