Nearby Sync not working

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Dave
    Participant

I am syncing the same TapForms document between two Macs, using Nearby, both on High Sierra with TapForms 5.2.8. It was working at first, but now I keep getting an SSL error. I have checked to make sure the password is correct, and have tried removing the second Mac and adding it again. It still will not sync, and gets an error. Any ideas?

March 12, 2018 at 1:13 PM #27758

Brendan
    Keymaster

What is the actual SSL error?

One thing you can try is search the Keychain Access application for “peer-sync” and delete any entries you find there. Do that on both Macs. Then re-launch Tap Forms and see if that solves the problem with the SSL connection.

March 12, 2018 at 3:42 PM #27765

Dave
    Participant

I just deleted all the peer-sync items, and relaunched and it still does not work. See the attached screen shot…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 13, 2018 at 1:45 AM #27783

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, try searching for a certificate called “Anonymous” in the Keychain Access application.

Delete it and then also delete the tfx-peer-sync entries.

Then launch Tap Forms again and see if that solves the problem.

I did have a problem in an older version of Tap Forms which would generate that error message. I’m assuming you have the latest 5.2.8 version on ALL your devices?

March 13, 2018 at 2:42 AM #27785

Dave
    Participant

Hahah. Shoot. I guess the version on the second Mac was not updated. Problem solved. Thanks!

March 13, 2018 at 11:07 AM #27797

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah excellent! I’m glad updating solved the problem.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.