Nearby Sync lost

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Glen Forister
    Participant

For the last couple days my dababases haven’t been syncing and my iPhone battery is draining I think because it keeps trying to sync.

I checked the Nearby Sync settings and on both laptop and iPhone the sync indicator was red.

I tried changing the properties and that didn’t help.

I deleted on my laptop the iPhone (red dot) and tried to add my available iPhone, but it can’t see my iPhone.  My iPhone Sync settings shows my laptop with a red dot.  I can’t delete that.

All other functions on my iPhone indicate I have wifi access and my laptop works only on wifi access so I know that works.  How do I get my iPhone reconnected to my laptop in TF so the Froms and Documents will sync and I can now add my iPhone to my laptop TF.

The document ID on both platforms are identical.  How do I reset the settings?  The manual doesn’t tell how to solve problems, just how to initially get it set up.

December 15, 2023 at 11:36 AM #50240

Glen Forister
    Participant

I found another person with the same problem.

That person fixed it with

Fixed it! iPads needed Settings > TapForms > Local Network changed from OFF to ON!

I checked and my iPhone had the same problem.  I know I didn’t switch this, so a iOS update did happen recently, so I’ll blame it on that.

December 15, 2023 at 7:10 PM #50241

Brendan
    Keymaster

Glad you found the fix.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.