nearby sync failure: error syncing…unauthorized

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms nearby sync failure: error syncing…unauthorized

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

derek
    Participant

hi brendan

finally upgraded and installing onto new computer, but I cannot get it to sync locally although they do send docs back and forth(between iMac and iPhone). I have both documents open and the message comes: “Synchronization has failed” “Error syncing with ——–iPhone.local., reason: Unauthorized. Please check to make sure the Sync Password on the Nearby Sync screen is the same for this document on each device.”

I have changed the password many times, triple checking but it doesn’t want to work.
    Potential Bug? on the iOS version, clearing the password/change password is never an option(always greyed) and there isn’t an “OK” button, only cancel. When I press return to confirm, it “crashes” or goes to the home screen(doesn’t seem to really crash because I instantly can switch to it again..
    so I wonder if that’s the cause of it not syncing(nearby)..

thanks!
    derek

November 17, 2016 at 9:14 AM #20407

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you want to clear the sync password you have to first type in the correct password. One you do that, the Clear button will appear.

On the Mac version you can clear the sync password by quitting Tap Forms Mac, then launch the Keychain Access application and type “syncPassword” into the Search field. Delete any item that starts with “db-” and has a bunch of random characters after it.

Then launch Tap Forms again.

November 17, 2016 at 9:41 AM #20408

derek
    Participant

nope.. clear is always greyed out. I’m on an iPhone 7 with the latest iOS.

November 17, 2016 at 11:08 AM #20416

Brendan
    Keymaster

Then the only other way to clear it out is to uninstall the app and re-install.

But you’ll want to use iTunes File Sharing to copy your documents off the device first before you uninstall and then re-install. Then copy the documents back.

November 18, 2016 at 7:01 AM #20421

derek
    Participant

hi brendan

yup, reinstalling did the trick! thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.