Near Sync doesnt work in Version 5

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Frank Penkert
    Participant

I opened the same document on the mac and ipad. but it appears when near-sync no device.
    I want iCloud-Sync back.

August 4, 2016 at 2:14 AM #17902

Manfred Ell
    Participant

Also tried this. Added Mac iPhone and iPad to each other. Worked between mac and ipad both ways, iphone only one way (iphone->mac/ipad, the other way around no sync).
    Very spotty and unreliable!!!!

What worked fine in previous version here has been deleted and replaced with unusable and uninteresting option! Deal with IBM (could understand that)?

August 4, 2016 at 2:44 AM #17904

Manfred Ell
    Participant

Changed some fields and deleted others on the Mac (now that we can have multiple photos in fields) and nothing syncs!!!! Changes are not reflected on iOS.

New Sync IS NOT WORKING!!!!

August 4, 2016 at 3:28 AM #17917

Frank Penkert
    Participant

Now it works.

This is very important:

You only need to migrate your database on one device. Then use the Send Document function to transfer that migrated document over to your other devices. If you do not do this, you will not be able to sync that document between your devices.

August 4, 2016 at 3:38 AM #17919

Manfred Ell
    Participant

Now try to add/change/delete fields and see if it works….

August 4, 2016 at 10:13 AM #17992

Barry Sullivan
    Participant

Frank Penkert, Could you please point out where the “Send Document” function is located. I clicked around on my iMac and didn’t see it. Thanks

August 4, 2016 at 10:21 AM #17994

Brendan
    Keymaster

Barry,

On the Mac version, close the document you want to send to your other device(s). Then click the share button at the bottom of the main Documents window. Make sure Tap Forms 5 is running on your other device(s) and that no other document is open on any of your iOS devices.

See the Sharing your Documents video here: https://vimeo.com/173865119

August 15, 2016 at 12:16 PM #18659

James Craig
    Participant

Without too much to do I set up my Mac to sync to both the iPhone 6S and iPad Mini 4 in that I have both showing green dots next to their names on the Mac. Then the iPhone synced once with some accumulated changes. The iPad never would sync with the accumulated changes and neither has synced since with any changes. ONCE i got a dialog box saying “Could not connect to the server”. I am in the same room with the wifi origin, full power, on line with it, not problem with the dot turning to green the instant I turn the devices on.
    Plus odd issue on both devices where when I try to return to documents screen it stays for only a second then goes back to where I was, repeatedly. The only way to get back to it is very quickly hit the exposed + sign for a new document and then cancel the operation. Voila – I can switch docs. then.

August 15, 2016 at 12:33 PM #18660

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi James,

There’s a bug with closing the document from the main Forms list. Tap on the Search or Favourites tab and close it from there.

I also fixed a bug which may have left a device thinking that it has a connection to another document, but didn’t really. So when 5.0.2 is released, hopefully that’ll fix that problem. But if you do close the document, give it about 30 seconds or so before opening it up and then sync should proceed.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.