Natural Links Within Notes!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Mark Chester
    Participant

I’ve a few notes fields within my Form that I use for free text. I keep seeing that some data within is naturally clickable and somehow has acquired a link! Phone numbers are often clickable and appear Blue even if I try to change the colour to black!!

So my question is how do the notes get a link and how do I force the ones without a link to have a link.

I have copied and pasted some text so I’m aware that it may carry the link from where it came from.

January 17, 2019 at 5:02 PM #33484

Brendan
    Keymaster

Tap Forms uses Apple’s Data Detectors to figure out what kind of data is clickable.

It generally highlights those in blue.

Is this the iOS or Mac version?

January 17, 2019 at 5:18 PM #33486

Mark Chester
    Participant

Both really. Going back to my flight checker idea I was wondering if I could get a link to parts of the text? For some strange reason on one record half of a UK post code within the free text had a link to it and when followed it was to a check on a flight via Google. I don’t know why it thought it was a Flight number though.

January 17, 2019 at 5:34 PM #33487

Mark Chester
    Participant

I think it’s the Mac OS that’s doing the linking. I’ve just messed around with another record and if I use the phrase “Flight” or “Flight number” before the number it links to Google for that flight. Thats really useful.

Still don’t know why the Post Code did it though I hadn’t got that phrase before it.

January 17, 2019 at 8:29 PM #33488

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya, not sure. In Xcode it’s a checkbox to turn on Apple Data Detector support. The magic is done by Apple after that.

January 18, 2019 at 1:03 PM #33490

Mark Chester
    Participant

What ever then but it works well. Nice little feature.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.