My Forms vs All Forms

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

czuch
    Participant

Hi there,

I am a bit confused by the distinction between “My Forms” and “All Forms” in the OS X version.

1) How does one select which of the 2 categories each Form belongs to?
    2) The iOS version only seems to show the ones categorized as “My Forms”, which is fine by me, except that my (only) Form was just (automagically) moved from “My Forms” to “All Forms” and now I can’t see it on the iOS version (though it shows fine on OS X when selecting “All Forms”

Is there something I’m missing here?

Thanks in advance!

czuch

February 1, 2014 at 2:06 PM #8929

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Czuch,

The distinction is that All Forms shows you exactly that. All of your forms. My Forms shows you only those forms which have 1 or more record in them. It’s really just filtering the list of All Forms to display only the one’s you’re currently working with.

Hope that makes it a bit more clear.

The iOS version’s “All Forms” list is displayed when you tap on the + button to bring up the Select a Form list.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 2, 2014 at 11:33 AM #8933

czuch
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the reply.

My Forms shows you only those forms which have 1 or more record in them.

But I have a form with 2400 records in it (imported from a Bento template) which doesn’t show at all on My Forms (OS X) or iOS at all.

The iOS version’s “All Forms” list is displayed when you tap on the + button to bring up the Select a Form list.

Seen that thanks, but that only works if I want to add a record, if I want to simply browse the existing records on iOS, for a form that contains a bunch of them and is not on the My Forms group, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance!

czuch

February 2, 2014 at 9:00 PM #8934

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Czuch,

Can you please email or post a screenshot of your My Forms list so I can see what’s going on? And also a screenshot of the All Forms list showing. I’d like to see the My Forms List not showing the form that you can clearly see in the All Forms list. Does the record count show a positive number in the My Forms list?

Thanks!

Brendan

February 3, 2014 at 4:24 AM #8935

czuch
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Attached are 2 screenshots of the OS X app, taken seconds from each other. By the way, a couple of precisions:

1) I have 2700+ entries in my form, unlike previously stated.
    2) The “palabras” form did show at some point on My Forms (on both OS X and iOS, but it disappeared later on both OSs (unfortunately I can’t remember what I was doing when it happened, perhaps an iCloud sync?)
    3) The “palabras” form was originally sorted under “Miscellaneous”, and then to try and see if that helped, I moved it to a newly created “lang” category
    4) My OS X system-wide language is English, but on iOS it is set to German, in case this was some sort of localization issue.

I looked in ~/Library/Application Support/ to see if I could find a log file of some sort, but found no Tap Forms folder.

If there’s a log I can provide to help you debug the issue, let me know!

Thanks,

czuch

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 3, 2014 at 3:38 PM #8940

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Czuch,

Is it possible you’ve enabled the Hide Form function? That’s another way that a form can be hidden from the My Forms list.

Go to the All Forms list, click on your form, then click on the Edit button at the bottom. Then uncheck Hide Form.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 3, 2014 at 5:01 PM #8942

czuch
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Now I feel silly.

Yep, that was the issue, all set now.

I still have a couple of unrelated performance issues to report, but I will start a new thread for those, and before that I will make sure to run a few tests.

Thanks very much!

czuch

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.