Multiple rows in table field

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Ju
    Participant

Hello Brendan,

could you please add an option to define the height of table fields in order to see more than one line.

Thanks!
    Chris

December 24, 2019 at 12:54 AM #38882

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

On the Default Layout, Table fields will grow as you add rows.

But on custom layouts you have to size the Table fields to however wide and tall you want them to be. Tap Forms will scroll the records within them when there’s too many to display within the bounding box.

Thanks

Brendan

December 24, 2019 at 1:24 AM #38883

Chris Ju
    Participant

Sorry, my question was too imprecise.

I would like to see several rows in a record. In this respect, it would be nice to be able to specify the number of rows you see per record. Or it could be automatic according to the weight of each field in the record.

Thanks!
    Chris

December 24, 2019 at 1:22 PM #38895

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m not sure how that would work. Think of a spreadsheet program. You can only see one row per row. The Tap Forms Table field and Multi-Column List View work the same way. You can’t see more than one record per row.

April 19, 2021 at 1:05 PM #44214

Jaime Moreno
    Participant

Along the lines of this request: I want to change the height of each row in a table, so that I can see multiple lines of text (as it is the case in a spreadsheet). I am ok with the height being fixed. I have not found a way to do this. Is it possible?

April 19, 2021 at 1:11 PM #44215

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jaime,

It’s not possible right now to change the height of a row in a Table field. Sorry.

April 19, 2021 at 1:12 PM #44216

Jaime Moreno
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. May I suggest this as a possible feature to be added in the future?
    Thanks again.

April 20, 2021 at 1:59 AM #44218

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jaime,

It’s definitely something I’d like to do.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.