Multiple Forms Same Date

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

LateForDinner
    Participant

Pardon me if this is a stupid question. Let’s say I have a form containing information about books I’ve read and a completion date (an entry for each). I also have a form of when I’ve had my oil changed and what it cost, and another form for when I each at a restaurant, with the restaurant name, what I ate, and what it cost. How would I find what activities I’ve done on a certain day, but not year. Suppose I want to see what I’ve done on every November 3rd, can I do that? Do I need to set up search, or is that a relational database type thing?

October 27, 2021 at 2:15 PM #45552

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, you would want to setup a search for each of the forms. But Tap Forms doesn’t have a Saved Search operator which would directly let you search for every November 3rd. You could pick one November 3rd from a specific year.

Although if you created a Calculation or Script field which returned just the date without the year included, then you could search for all November 3rds (or whatever date). It’s just the normal date search would need to know the year. Although there are some built-in dynamic date operators such as “this week”, “next week”, “last year”, “next month”, etc.

You would need a search for each form though as the global search mechanism that can search across forms just does a textual search and not for specific fields.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.