multiple computers

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Brooke Acosta
    Participant

I would like to use Tap Forms in my office where several of my employee’s will need access to the program. Will I need to purchase the program separately for each computer despite them all using the same apple account? If I have it on each of the computers is the best way to share the information over iCloud storage?

Thanks!

June 18, 2014 at 10:11 PM #10424

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Brooke,

Tap Forms wasn’t really designed for multiple users all sharing the same data at the same time. It was made for one user to share their data across all of their devices. But you can sync to multiple devices if all devices are using the same iCloud Apple ID account. Each user would be operating on their own copy of the database and when you wanted to get data from them, you would have to ask them to click on the upload to iCloud button. That will send all the changes they’ve made since the last time they clicked that button up to iCloud. Then all devices that share the same iCloud Apple ID account would auto-sync those changes.

As for licensing, for business use, a separate copy of the app should be purchased for each user. If it’s for your personal use at home in a non-commercial environment, you can use the same license on all the computers that you personally own in your home.

If you’re interested, Apple’s licensing information for apps purchased on the Mac App Store is as follows:

https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html#APPS

MAC APP STORE PRODUCT USAGE RULES

Except as otherwise set forth herein,

(i) If you are an individual acting in your personal capacity, you may download and use an application from the Mac App Store (“Mac App Store Product”) for personal, non-commercial use on any Apple-branded products running Mac OS X (“Mac Computer”) that you own or control.

(ii) If you are a commercial enterprise or educational institution, you may download a Mac App Store Product for use by either (a) a single individual on each of the Mac Computer(s) used by that individual that you own or control or (b) multiple individuals on a single shared Mac Computer that you own or control. For example, a single employee may use a Mac App Store Product on both the employee’s desktop Mac Computer and laptop Mac Computer, or multiple students may serially use a Mac App Store Product on a single Mac Computer located at a resource center or library. For the sake of clarity, each Mac Computer used serially by multiple users requires a separate license.

(iii) Use may require sign-in with the Apple ID used to download the Mac App Store Product from the Mac App Store. Mac App Store Products can be updated through the Mac App Store only.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.