Multi column view customisation?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Is there any thing on the horizon regarding being able to control fonts / colours / sizes… in order to be able to design own user multi column displays? I know your big drive is for performance and 3.0.1 seems to have made mine notably better in this view. Well done!!!

Cheers

tony

November 28, 2014 at 1:49 PM #12015

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

I’m working on a new more Bento like spreadsheet view for the multi-column list view where you’ll be able to select individual cells in the table. But I haven’t done anything with respect to fonts or colours or anything like that. What were you looking for specifically?

If you want to see the code for that, I’ve been working on an open-source project called MBTableGrid. I’ve done quite a bit of work on it lately.

You can see it here:

https://github.com/brendand/mbtablegrid

It’s not up to my requirements just yet, but it’s getting there. I use lots of open source components in Tap Forms and working on that component is one way that I can give back to the open source community.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 30, 2014 at 5:05 AM #12050

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan

What I am looking for is the ability to select which fields are displayed in column view and in what overall font / colour / size – with the ability to have conditional formatting rules so that, for example, in a simple list with a check box for completion the rule would be something like:
    if checkbox =’yes’ then row colour = / font = / font colour = / font size = / cell fill colour = / etc.
    Maybe not all of those as I have no idea what I am talking about in terms of programming, but the ability to alter the view in some way depending on a condition / conditions met. This would make the view more visually appealing and draw the users eye to certain ‘important’ information – especially in a large form of hundreds / thousands of records.
    Cheers
    tony

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.