Multi-column minutiae

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Lief Fenno
    Participant

Brendan, you’re an awesome dude. Thanks for the previous assistance, it helped quite a lot! Three questions relating to the multi-column view (and multi-column output):

1. When we print out the multi-column view, it only prints one page worth of width (although as many pages of height as there are items). In other words, it will print as many columns will fit on one page, but all of the entries for those included columns. Is there a way to print all of the columns across multiple pages (or tricks to squeeze them all onto one page? Such as being able to change the font size maybe)?

2. There is some funkiness with the header alignment (see below)

3. When I manually rearrange the column layout in the multi-column view it does not reflect these changes in the printed version (see below)

I know you’re busy working up some serious business with the sql encryption and what sounds like a big update, so really appreciate your time!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 20, 2014 at 2:24 AM #9456

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Lief,

Thanks for the issue report.

1. There’s no ability to squeeze all the columns in at the moment. I have to rework the table printing code to support that. I would recommend adjusting the column widths in the multicolumn list view and switch your printout to landscape orientation to try to fit more fields in.

2. I’ve just fixed the issue with the calculation field’s title not being right aligned like it should have been.

3. The printout uses the order of the fields in your form (same as the default layout) for the column titles and not the layout from the multi-column list view. So moving them around will have no affect on the printout.

Thanks!

Brendan

March 25, 2014 at 8:58 PM #9524

Lief Fenno
    Participant

Hey Brendan,

Thanks for this, it sounds promising from our end. We’re working to optimize with the current options. Guessing that the column fix will be out with the next update, for our planning any idea when that might be (we’re migrating lots of data over…just want to time it out).

Thanks again!

March 25, 2014 at 10:05 PM #9525

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Lief,

I’m hoping I’ll finish the next update this week. So early next week I’d say that I’d submit to Apple. Then it’s up to them.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.