Multi-column list view

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Bryan Robinson
    Participant

I am trying to create a new database in which the first item entry is ‘Name’, followed by other address items. When I switch to ‘Multi-column list view’, all items are listed except the first heading ‘Name’. If I click on the ‘tools cross’,’name’ is not ticked. If I tick this and press Save ‘Name’ still does not appear in the list. Furthermore if I click again on the tools icon ‘Name’ is unchecked. I have created other databases with Tapforms and all has been well, so I think I must have checked or unchecked something inadvertently. What have I done wrong?

October 27, 2018 at 11:45 AM #31449

Brendan
    Keymaster

That may be because of a bug.

I would recommend quitting and re-launching Tap Forms and trying again. Or just close and re-open that document. It should save your selections.

Thanks!

Brendan

October 28, 2018 at 7:26 AM #31464

Bryan Robinson
    Participant

Thanks Brendan. After sending my query I added another field at the top of the list which appeared in the spread sheet view, so I simply deleted the ‘Name’ field and renamed the new field ‘Name’, and all is well.

Thanks for the advice.

Bryan

November 4, 2018 at 3:36 AM #31586

Bryan Robinson
    Participant

Another question on Multi-column list view. I have created a database of artists contact details and in another form details of their artwork. I have connected the artists details to the artwork using a one to many link and used the join facility to display the artist’s name within the layout of the individual layouts. I would like to create a spreadsheet showing the details of art work of all the artists with their names, but the names are not displayed in the multi-column list view. At the moment I am getting round this by re-entering the names on each artist in the artwork form so that they appear in the spread sheet. Is there a less laborious way of doing this? Thanks.

November 4, 2018 at 9:21 PM #31617

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bryan,

You could add a Calculation field or a Script field to your Artwork Details form that returns the artist contact name and displays that. That would work without you having to do all that work.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 6, 2018 at 7:32 AM #31653

Bryan Robinson
    Participant

Thanks again Brendan. Every time I use Tapform I am amazed at what is possible and for the helpful way in which you answer questions from the uninitiated.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.