Moving Fields

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Glen Forister
    Participant

I’m mostly using a FORM in List View, and wonder what would be the best way to move a field. I assume I have to export into a spreadsheet and export after I’ve rearranged my columns ready to import into a new FORM. But then I will have to do all the configuration of the fields all over again.

Is there a more elegant way to do this with less work?

Also, is there a way to have the “Notify me” check box default in my profile to checked so I don’t forget to do that? I’m surprised it isn’t checked by default for everybody.

January 31, 2023 at 10:38 PM #48817

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you’re talking about the multi-column list view, you click the little X like button at the top-right of that view. It’s a wrench and screwdriver crisscrossed.

From there you can drag fields up and down to rearrange them.

Here’s the instructions on that:

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/multi-column

February 1, 2023 at 10:27 AM #48820

Glen Forister
    Participant

Ah, I had forgotten about that. I was working on my iPhone and it isn’t there.

On my iPhone I selected the icon on the left of the Search button (3 dot lines) – Customize Forms, and moved the fields around and they had no effect on the position of the fields.

I never got around to looking at the PC program thinking the result was the same.
    So, what does changing the location of the fields on the iPhone do – I don’t see any change. The PC trick does work.

February 4, 2023 at 3:18 AM #48829

Brendan
    Keymaster

Changing the order of the fields on the iOS version does the same as changing the order of the fields in the Mac version on the Fields tab.

It will change what you see on the record details screen. On the Mac version that’s the Default Layout.

On the iOS version you can also view records in a Table view by tapping on the action menu button on the records list view and select View Settings. From there if you choose the Multi Column option, you can then choose which fields to display and in which order. It’s pretty much the same as the multi-column list view on macOS. Except not editable in that view.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.