Movie Database in Alphabetical order by Title

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Movie Database in Alphabetical order by Title

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

David Grames
    Participant

I apologize if this has been answered, but nothing came up while searching the forum. I’m a new user to tapforms so i might not have it quite figured out yet, I have my movie & TV show database and it keeps organizing them by genre. I’ve tried hiding the section index(sorted by genre), and various searches but no luck. Is there any way, either searches or changing the section index so I can show all my movies in Alphabetical order by Title regardless of genre… and how would I do that?

March 19, 2015 at 12:19 PM #13196

David Butenhof
    Participant

With your Movies form selected, click the Form button in the toolbar. The Form setup panel will appear at the right.

Here you get to select up to 3 sort fields, and a grouping field. You probably want “Title” to be your first sort field. Put anything you want, or nothing, for the 2nd and 3rd sort fields.

Now set Group Records By to <Unspecified>. <Unspecified> seems to always group based on your first sort field; so in this case your records will show sorted by title, and grouped by first letter. (If you Group them by Title instead of <Unspecified>, only entries with identical titles will be in the same group.)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 19, 2015 at 2:46 PM #13198

David Grames
    Participant

Excellent, did the trick! Thank you very much David!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.