Missing Photo

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Aik Pin Ng
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I have been getting this error (see attached) very frequently and it happens randomly on different images.

When I add in the images, I double check to confirm that they can be viewed correctly in TapForms in all devices (e.g. iPad, iPhone, Macbook).

But for no reasons, after some time, when I try to access the records again, the missing photo error appeared and I was asked to remove the missing entry.

This is a loss of data and think is quite serious as sometimes, I do not have a backup of the photos I already uploaded to TapForms.

Can you help?

Thank you,
    AiK Pin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    May 23, 2018 at 1:50 AM #28733

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Aik,

Can you copy the .tapforms document file to your computer and then look inside the attachments folder within the .tapforms document folder? Check to see if the photos are still there in that folder. If they are, then something is causing the references to the actual photos to be removed. And I’m not sure what that is.

Which sync service are you using?

Sorry for this trouble.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 23, 2018 at 8:30 AM #28740

Aik Pin Ng
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I have removed the missing entires. I will check and get back when this error occurs again.

I am using iCloud.

Thanks,
    Aik Pin

June 2, 2018 at 7:19 PM #28881

Aik Pin Ng
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

The error happens on my Mac OS app as well. So I went to the tapforms file, right clicked and select Show Package Content. Is that correct?

I went in to the attachments folders. All I see was a list of .blob files (see attached).

Am I looking at the right place?

I am not able to see the full file name. So I just search for “8.02.05 PM.jpeg” and nothing came out.

Aik Pin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 15, 2018 at 9:18 PM #29107

Aik Pin Ng
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I tried copying the document from iPhone to Macbook and tried to view the files inside. I am also seeing the .blob files. How do I search for the image files? Am I doing it correctly?

Thanks,
    Aik Pin

June 16, 2018 at 12:16 AM #29109

Brendan
    Keymaster

The .blob files are the image files. They just have a different name. Inside the database each image with a filename is given a digest value. That digest value is then converted to the format you see on disk with the .blob file extension. So it’s not possible to search for the filename in the Finder and hope to find it. You have have to click on a file, press the spacebar to view it with QuickLook and hope that it shows you the image. It should.

The image that’s missing may actually be there in that list. It’s hard to tell without me digging into your database and looking at the photos on disk to try and find the missing photo.

Somehow there’s a disconnect between the reference to the image in the database and the file on disk.

Are you able to see any image previews?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.