Missing instant calculation?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Leo
    Participant

Brendan,

Is instant calculation gone? Before after a link to another form all calculation are made instantly. Now I have to click the calculation button.

And if I or my associate forget this the wrong bill is sent to the costumers.

September 25, 2017 at 10:13 AM #24850

Leo
    Participant

Also, it’s very time consuming if I have to calculate a single record and the whole form of 2000 records with a dozen calculations in it has to recalculate to get the results of one.

September 25, 2017 at 10:19 AM #24851

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… it seems to be broken on the custom layouts, but it works fine on the Default Layout.

I’m going to have to dig into that to find out why.

It’s too bad you didn’t notice during beta testing ;)

September 25, 2017 at 10:29 AM #24853

Brendan
    Keymaster

Actually I did some more testing and it is working on a custom layout too.

The problem I had initially was the calculations were requiring input on a field that wasn’t on my custom layout, so the calculation didn’t get updated until I added that and filled in some data into that field.

So yes, calculation fields are being evaluated on custom layouts and the Default Layout and even on the multi-column list view.

So I’m not sure what’s causing the problem for you

September 25, 2017 at 10:32 AM #24854

Leo
    Participant

It would be nice to have a button or shortcut to (re)calculate current record. Even better to have current record recalculated after any field change (with exit focus)

September 25, 2017 at 10:36 AM #24855

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s exactly what happens already. When you type a value, the calculations are updated.

I’ve also been testing with the file you sent me the other day and it’s working properly in your file. No need to click the refresh button.

September 25, 2017 at 10:49 AM #24856

Leo
    Participant

mmm,

don’t know what is wrong then. None of my calculations are update unless I choose to click the button.

Do you still have my file? If so I’ll sent you a PM what you could test for me…

September 25, 2017 at 11:01 AM #24857

Leo
    Participant

Although I only use this on the Mac version. I have tested the same on iOS. No instant calculation also but I believe that is normal on iOS?

September 25, 2017 at 11:07 AM #24858

Brendan
    Keymaster

The iOS version should update the calculations too.

I do still have your file.

September 25, 2017 at 2:51 PM #24862

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve worked through my code and I’ve got it working now.

September 25, 2017 at 11:29 PM #24874

Leo
    Participant

great!

do you have build a new beta?

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.