Missing info in print

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Mike Guilbault
    Participant

I’m doing a print-out (hardcopy) of a company record that has a linked contacts field. I have the email address as one of the selected fields to include, but when I do a print-out, the email address doesn’t show.

Any ideas why?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 6, 2022 at 7:15 AM #47913

Mike Guilbault
    Participant

Ok… I rearranged the order of the fields and now it’s working.

September 6, 2022 at 7:56 AM #47914

Mike Guilbault
    Participant

Argh… added another field and it’s not showing now. Is there a field length limit for printing?

September 6, 2022 at 11:11 PM #47920

Brendan
    Keymaster

Make sure you’ve enabled the field for printing on the Link to Form that you’re using.

Go to the Link to Form field’s actual form, then select Print, then click the Fields tab and make sure the new field is enabled for printing. Then go back to your original form and try to print. It should appear then.

September 7, 2022 at 6:13 AM #47921

Mike Guilbault
    Participant

The fields are selected in the print window… but it’s a linked form field that is not working. All the regular fields are printing fine. I’m printing a report showing vendor details, and one of the fields is linked to my contacts, to show the contacts for that company. I have the items selected that I want to show, and they’re showing in the form, but not when I print it. For example, I have email selected to print… it’s the last item in the row but doesn’t appear on the printout.
    I tried adjusting the ‘width’ in the print window, but that doesn’t seem to affect anything (what exactly does that do anyway?).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 7, 2022 at 9:47 PM #47930

Brendan
    Keymaster

The width of the fields is a number measured in points. 72 points on a printed page equals 1 inch. So the 14 for the phone number would take up the width of about 1/5th of an inch. It’s used when printing the Table of Records print layout option.

Can you please email me your parent form template (a .tff file) and I’ll look into the printing issue for you for your Link to Form fields?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.