Missing Images

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Ryusui
    Participant

First, I wanted to thank you for your help on my previous question about crashing when trying to do an import. Your reply helped me realize I made a few errors in my CSV file and I got it to work perfectly. (Didn’t feel the need to bring that thread back up just to add a reply without further questions.)

I got my CSV imported and got my database all set up. When I finished, I went through and added images to 142 of my 147 items. However, when I went to do a backup so I could restore the database to my wife’s phone, many of the images wouldn’t show up. Oddly enough, the thumbnail in the list view still shows, but if I click on the photo field in the item’s detail screen, sometimes the image will show up and other times it will ask me to choose an image. Just to verify this, I completely removed the database and form itself from my phone, and then did a restore to my phone. The exact same images were missing on my phone after the restore.

If it helps any, I looked into the folder that SyncDocs created for the backup and all 142 images are in there. Any suggestions? Thanks!

May 8, 2010 at 12:49 AM #4087

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Ryusui,

Hmm… That’s interesting. I wonder what’s common between the images that are not copying back? Would you be able to send me a sample image that’s not being restored properly? Do all 142 images in the SyncDocs backup look ok?

Thanks,

Brendan

May 11, 2010 at 3:40 AM #4088

Ryusui
    Participant

Hey Brendan,

I sent you an email to the support address with three sample images taken directly from the backup folder. And yes, when the items get backed up, the images all look fine. Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are intact and I can open the image in an image viewer with no problems.

Thanks.

November 5, 2010 at 11:32 AM #4250

Iqbalam
    Participant

I have the same problem when restored from backup using syncdocs

November 13, 2010 at 2:50 AM #4255

Ryusui
    Participant

Hey Brendan,

Just wanted to follow up with this issue, as I noticed that Iqbalam has also been having this issue.

I finally decided to go ahead and re-add all the missing images (about 39 or so missing images out of 146 records with images), taking note of which records were missing images. After I did this, I deleted all previous backups from my SyncDocs folder, backed up my latest database changes, then deleted all entries from TapForms and restored the files. As before, all of the entries are there and they all have their thumbnails. Unfortunately, I had the same issue with missing images. When I went back through the records, it seems as if every one of the files before which lost their images were the same ones that were missing them upon restore. So whatever it is, something about these particular 39 images don’t want to get restored to TapForms. I don’t know if this is an issue with SyncDocs or with TapForms, but I’m really hoping you can discover some kind of resolution! Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.