Missing Fields & Photos when syncing to iPhone

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Missing Fields & Photos when syncing to iPhone

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Paul Symons
    Participant

HI
    I use Tapforms primarily on my iMac and iPad. Syncing works OK although several photos in a few records refuse to sync (via iCloud). I have tried deleting the photos and then adding them again, but it doesn’t help.
    The database is 655 records at present.
    The biggest problem is with my iPhone. I have purchased a new model and decided to try Tapforms there (iPhone XR). It wouldn’t sync in one go and I had to restart Tapforms several times before it was fully complete. However, it has NOT synced all the fields which is a major problem as one is a catalogue number (text field) which is an important identifier. Others fields are also missing. Each record has at least one photo (jpg file) and many of these have also not been synced.
    My iPhone gives 654 records while there are 655 on my iMac.
    AS it is I cannot use it on my iPhone. How can I get it done correctly?
    I hope you can help.

November 20, 2018 at 11:28 AM #31896

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

One possibility to fix this problem is to disable iCloud sync on your iMac, then re-enable it. That should cause Tap Forms to re-upload all the data to iCloud. It’s possible that it missed uploading those things that are missing.

You can also modify the fields slightly on your Mac that are missing on the iPhone and that’ll trigger another sync.

Another alternative is to use the Send Document function to send another fresh copy of the document from your Mac over to your iPhone, removing the existing one from the iPhone first.

November 28, 2018 at 1:56 PM #32168

Paul Symons
    Participant

Thanks for your suggestion. It didn’t give me the correct result so I have deleted Tap forms from my iPhone and will try another time to sync the database there.
    What does worry me is that a whole field had disappeared from my second form. It is a text field using a pick list of countries. This is the second time it has happened. Easy enough to put the field back, but the field has to be filled again in all records.

November 28, 2018 at 2:52 PM #32173

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you export your form template as a .tff file, then import it into the iPhone version, that should re-create the field with the same internal ID as the original and all the data in it should come back.

March 17, 2019 at 6:11 AM #34016

Paul Symons
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    I am having trouble again when trying to open my database on the iPhone. An important number field (catalogue number ) has gone missing. I use this to identify and find all my items. It ha snow synced to the iPad and iMac where it has now also disappeared. The field only remains in the input form I created on the iMac.
    It will be a real problem having to enter this field all again. How to resolve?
    Paul

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 17, 2019 at 6:16 AM #34018

Paul Symons
    Participant

I had to do a hard reboot of my iMac because the snapshot I made froze, and now Tapforms crashes.
    Now I’m panicking ! Is there a backup copy of the database I can use?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 17, 2019 at 6:23 AM #34020

Paul Symons
    Participant

rebooted again and now Tapforms opens, panic over but Catalogue number field still missing.

March 17, 2019 at 6:35 AM #34021

Paul Symons
    Participant

Me again, sorry. I don’t understand but suddenly the Number field has returned on my iMac after opening tapforms on my iPad, where it was also back again.
    I think I will delete tapforms on my iPhone which is giving me too much trouble….
    Any idea what’s causing this phenomenon?

March 18, 2019 at 2:20 AM #34032

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

It could have been due to modifying the field on different devices at the same time between syncs.

I’m glad you got everything back now though.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 18, 2019 at 4:00 AM #34033

Paul Symons
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    That wasn’t the problem as I was only trying to download the database to the iPhone (again) after problems I had last time. This time all the records were synced but with the missing field, also causing the same problem to sync to my iPad. Why the field popped back on my iPad I don’t know but the field didn’t come back on my iPhone. This made it unusable for me so I have deleted TapForms from my iPhone. My databas consists of 749 records with a picture (jpg). It’s a bit of a bummer as I now don’t trust using it on the iPhone again.
    Are there any other users who have experienced a similar problem?
    regards, Paul

March 18, 2019 at 11:33 AM #34044

Brendan
    Keymaster

One thing you could do to get the missing field back to your iPhone (if you hadn’t deleted it), would be to make a simple change to it on the device where it still exists. That would trigger a sync for that one field and would have caused it to reappear on the iPhone.

You can also use the Send Document function to send an exact copy of the document over to your other device.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.