Minor display bug?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

ArsAstronautica
    Participant

On the Mac, I have selected groups of records and set their color using the little color selection pop-up down at the bottom of the window, next to the record list. (Example, think genus and species, each genus is the same color). I did this to ease the recognition of the major classes of the groups within the DB.

However, on the iPhone and iPad, these colors do not come out at all the same as what is on the Mac. Instead of each genus with a unique color, most of the records have the same color as the first record (light blue). Other records of the same genus sometimes have a different color, green. But most are blue when each genus should be one of roughly the other 12 colors I am using.

I realize that one cannot set the record color in the record list on the iPhone and iPad (or am I missing something?), and it would be nice to be able to set it on those devices. At the very least, however, it would be good for the colors to match across devices.

January 29, 2017 at 10:58 PM #20943

Brendan
    Keymaster

Can you upload or email me a sample showing the differences in colours between the Mac and iOS versions. Mostly I use the saturated colours and they appear to be the same between devices.

January 31, 2017 at 2:30 PM #20966

ArsAstronautica
    Participant

Let me clarify, it is not that the colors are off (i.e. look different), the colors just do not display correctly and will sort of change randomly. Hopefully what I have below will help.

The first image below shows what the colors are supposed to look like and how they are arranged. My search filter shows the first record of each set and the associated shade for each set. The set names are first in the record. FYI, the was taken on the iPhone.

Now if I remove the search filter, we have the results in the second image. The Son Pae Ki’s should be blue and the Ki Bohn Soo’s green (as above), but, as we can see from the image, they are both blue now. In fact all the records are now blue except for scattered records in light green.

And now for the even weirder part, we take the iPhone and rotate it from portrait to landscape and then back to portrait we have the third image. I have now turned the same records green. When I do this portrait-to-landscape-to-portrait I can get all the records to turn to whatever color the set I was on had with the exception of some scattered records that are some other color.

The iPad does something similar.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 1, 2017 at 1:55 AM #20979

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks for the detailed explanation and the example images. That’ll help me figure out the issue and fix it.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.