minimize the file size of photos

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Micha
    Participant

Hello,

is it possible to reduce the file size of photos in the database?

I will create a database of final 10k photos. I take the photos directly with an iphone 6s. In order not to let the database get too big in the cloud, I chose the smallest image size with 512×512. However, the photo files sizes are still to big in the database. My target photo files size is 40 to 50 KB each.

Is it possible to reduce the file size in the final database with a program like irfanview or tiny pics?

Thanks!

Micha

October 28, 2019 at 12:34 PM #37498

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Micha,

On the Mac version there’s a Resize All Photos button on a Photo field that will loop through all the photos for that field and resize them.

Once you’ve done that, go to the Maintenance screen and click on Compact Database. That’ll shrink the size of the database.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 17, 2020 at 3:43 AM #40620

Micha
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

unfortunately I don’t have a Macbook to resize the Photos.

Is there now the possibility to save images with smallest possible size (approximate memory size 50 to 100 kb) directly via the camera in the database? On my iPhone, very large files are unfortunately created in the 512 * 512 database resolution. As a result, my database problems unfortunately become very large and memory-intensive.
    At the moment I use a separate app in advance to reduce the size after the recording and then insert it.
    Unfortunately, this is very cumbersome. An additional minimized image quality would be very helpful in the database settings for images. Then I can take the pictures directly into the database.

Thank you and best regards!

Micha

May 18, 2020 at 8:01 PM #40641

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Micha,

Ya, that function is not available in the iOS version. But the minimum size is still 512 x 512, even with the Resize All Photos function in the Mac version.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.