Migration from v4

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Ron
    Participant

Is it possible to create multiple v5 documents from the migration file? My v4 database has multiple forms and I would like to have several v5 documents from the forms, i.e. I have three forms for one project which I would like to be 1 document in v5, and then 4 forms for another v5 document.

October 29, 2016 at 1:47 PM #20227

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

Sure you can do this. You can migrate as many times as you like. You’ll get a new document each time. Then you can do whatever you like with the forms.

Or you can migrate one time, then use the Export Tap Forms Archive command in the File menu to create a .tfarc file of just the form you want to import into a separate new document.

October 29, 2016 at 2:09 PM #20229

Ron
    Participant

“Or you can migrate one time, then use the Export Tap Forms Archive command in the File menu to create a .tfarc file of just the form you want to import into a separate new document.”

If I have 3 forms that have linked fields will they retain their links if I do an export of each form and then import them all into a new document?

October 29, 2016 at 11:34 PM #20231

Brendan
    Keymaster

You only have to export the top-level parent form and Tap Forms should also export the linked forms and records along with that form.

October 30, 2016 at 6:44 AM #20232

Ron
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, worked like a charm. Transferred all my old forms exported selected forms and then imported the archives into new documents. No problems!!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.