Merge two forms?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Klein
    Participant

Hi, I built two forms that were very similar. I’ve made the fields identical now in hopes of merging them together.

I exported as archive and tried importing that into the other. It appears to do something but upon completion the records were not imported.

I’m reluctant to export all records as CSV or XLS since there’s so many options to choose I don’t want to mess anything up.

January 10, 2021 at 7:27 AM #43156

Chris Klein
    Participant

Nevermind, I imported the records successfully. Just not with the import Archive feature. Not sure I know what that is for then. Onward!

January 11, 2021 at 8:04 PM #43163

Brendan
    Keymaster

Archives can’t be imported into any other form from whence they came. Tap Forms exports all the internal IDs for objects such as forms, fields, records, etc. So when you import a .tfarc file, the original objects are updated if they already exist in the database. If they don’t, they’re inserted.

January 13, 2021 at 3:14 PM #43168

Doug Bank
    Participant

Chris,

I am trying to do the same thing. I think it would be pretty easy for me to change each form so that they basically had the same fields. But what steps did you take to actually merge them together into the same form?

Thanks,
    Doug

January 13, 2021 at 3:28 PM #43169

Chris Klein
    Participant

Hi Doug, First I made sure all fields and formatting was same between both forms. Then I exported as CSV on the retiring form and imported the CSV into the final form.

January 13, 2021 at 3:33 PM #43170

Doug Bank
    Participant

Thanks… I don’t suppose you had anything weird in the forms like photos or links to other forms? I do have those, and doubt that will work. I guess it is worth a try (though perhaps on a test form first)

January 14, 2021 at 12:16 AM #43173

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you export a CSV file and include media in the export, a folder of photos will be created.

Then you can import the CSV file into another form and include the photos along with the imported CSV file. But you cannot export the Record IDs in this situation otherwise Tap Forms will just update existing records in the original form.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.