Merge db between multiple iPhones

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

jonathan
    Participant

Hi,

Firstly, I love the simplicity of your interface. This is a great program!

Now for the question: Is there a way to merge a form between 2 iPhones if both users edited the data?

For example: we have students we manage. And my partner & I have the same forms and used SyncDocs to get them on both our iPhones. However, let’s say I tick off in the form on my iPhone that Johnny completed assignment #4. Later on in the day my partner notes that Johnny completed assignment #5. Well if I sync my file to his, it will show Johnny completing only #4. If he syncs his file to mine, I will see him completing only #5. I’d like to have both #4 and #5 assignments show as completed on both, if it was edited on only one.

Thanks

May 13, 2010 at 3:40 PM #4093

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Jonathan,

Using the new “Beam Record” function, you can accomplish this sort of task. Just put one phone into receive mode by tapping the “iPhone -> iPhone” icon on the Forms tab. Then on the other iPhone, tap the record you’d like to beam to view the details. Then tap the action menu button and select “Beam Record”. Then tap the name of the iPhone that’s waiting for the beam.

To get the data they changed on their record back to yours, you’ll have to reverse the operation.

However, if they edited the exact same fields as you did, then the last edited will overwrite the other. But if you each edited different fields, then it should work.

Please note that linked forms, file attachments, photos, full contact records, and audio recordings are not beamed.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.