Mass editing fields

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Adam West
    Participant

When making mass edits to a new field, is there a way to copy and paste the same data into a field all at once, rather than going through every record to enter the text?

For example, if a added a field called “Space” that has the default field value of a keyboard “space,” that is great for all future records that are added, however, for all the existing ones I have to go to the new “Space” field and enter a keyboard “space” into the field on every record. If there was a way to highlight multiple rows in a column and simply cut and paste the keyboard “space” into all the rows that would save time.

Thank you!

December 17, 2014 at 4:46 AM #12362

Roger Neilson
    Participant

Totally agree….

Roger

December 17, 2014 at 6:45 AM #12363

Rudy Zwartjens
    Participant

It would be a very nice and necessary improvement to TF.
    I am aware of Brendans tough job on improvements for TF, but it is like the following formula:

IF (TF >> Bento AND (it is “the only mature replacement for Bento”)
    THEN
    (people will use it) AND
    (# of records >> 1000) AND
    (we-ask-for-more)

Sorry Brendan, but we we users are so enthusiastic that we go on asking for feature requests. Consider it as a huge “THANK YOU”.

Rudy

December 18, 2014 at 2:22 AM #12382

Brendan
    Keymaster

Heheh… No worries Rudy. I’m happy to receive feature requests. Tap Forms was built on feature requests from customers. It just takes me time to do them. I can’t get all feature requests in of course, but I do try to get the ones in that make the most sense. Batch editing is a good idea. Just will take time and thought. But there’s nothing in there now for that.

December 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM #12399

sunshine
    Participant

Batch editing functionality would a wonderful addition. I’d love to be able to make wide sweeping changes both globally and within defined parameters, including font and typeface changes etc.

A big thank you for another year of massive improvements, Brendan. TF has been my most used and relied upon application since 2009…

December 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM #12405

Charles Brown
    Participant

I would love to be able to change the value of fields of some or all of the records of a particular form, for instance clear a text field or check box of multiple records in a form. I need to do this frequently and at the moment I need to modify each record individually.

December 18, 2014 at 11:17 AM #12406

tonyt
    Participant

Plus 1 from me!

December 19, 2014 at 2:55 PM #12429

LeoC2
    Participant

Thumbs up from me too!

December 20, 2014 at 1:48 AM #12433

Leo
    Participant

Yes!

with ll the approvements and added possibilities there is a desperate need to alter/edit some data in several forms. Where a copy/move function between forms would be great!

Or is there a good and user-friendly sqlite editor available witch will do the trick?

Leo

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.