Markup / Comment on Attachments

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

DJReda
    Participant

Greetings!

First let me say thanks for creating such an invaluable program! I’m in the construction management industry in NYC and came across this program about six months ago. I bought it to use for punch list tracking on one of our projects and since, we’ve adapted it to many other uses on several other projects.

While in the field, it’s very important to be able document and communicate information quickly and accurately – which TapForms does in a snap. I’d like to know if there is currently a way to markup / comment on photo and or PDF attachments within the program. For example, if I needed to send a contractor a notice that a part of their work was deficient in some way, I’d like to snap a photo (open open a PDF file), be able to open that photo within TapForms, markup the photo (via freehand, shapes, text, etc.), attach it to my record and then email it out. An example of such an editing option would be the markup feature that the app “GoodReader” includes.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Dominick

February 2, 2012 at 11:13 AM #5060

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Dominick,

There’s no way to mark up a photo at the moment, but that’s an enhancement which I’d like to add to the Drawing field type.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 2, 2012 at 10:12 PM #5063

DrJJWMac
    Participant

One thought on this … you might want to have two photo fields, one Original and one Markup. Import your original. Markup your original externally, and import it. This way, you have a record both of what you started and what you decided to mark up to have changed. Also, in case your mark-up will over-write something important on the photo, you can always review the original photo for comparison (without have to try to “erase” an interfering markup). Finally, off-line markups may have more features than what TapForms will ever support, so you would always be able to use the best possible tool for markup and keep TapForms focused on the database demands.

With some thought and when you need more, you could probably make this over two databases, one containing just the vendor project and another containing just project photos at various markup stages. Link the latter back to the former, and you can keep a running progress of the changes to a project.

JJW

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.