Markdown Lists – Sluggish Performance

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

John Parker
    Participant

I’m noticing that markdown lists (ordered and unordered) can really bring Tap Forms to a crawl. In particular, if a note contains more than 500 words or so, this becomes very pronounced. Selecting the  form takes 4-5 seconds and selecting records within the form takes several seconds. This happens even if there is only one note in the form.

If I have a 1,000 word note with 100 lines, list characters at the beginning of the line create a noticeable performance hit as Tap Forms tries to render the display. If I remove the list characters, the performance is pretty snappy, as you would expect.

Not sure if there is an easy solution to this on the development side. I would think so, since text notes are so lightweight. I guess I’ll stick to plain text for now, as the performance is better. Even with plain text, there is a little bit of a hit for longer notes.

July 19, 2023 at 6:29 PM #49707

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Hmm… I’ll have to give that a try.

Do you have a sample list that I could test out?

But in my cursory testing with a list of 240 items, there’s definitely a performance penalty for rendering that much markdown.

I’ll have to dig into this some more.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.