Map Locations not working with Apple Maps!

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Map Locations not working with Apple Maps!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Roo
    Participant

My database uses the Location field type to locate entries. It used to work great but since upgrading to iOS 6 it no longer seems to register the location pin. Apart from this, Apple Maps in my areas is pretty useless as most locations are incorrect and there is nothing like the detail there once was with Google Maps. Is there any way that you can program Tap Forms to go back to using Google Maps? You can still use Google maps with GIS Kit app so it would be great if you could do it for Tap Forms too.

December 5, 2012 at 4:48 AM #5642

Brendan
    Keymaster

I don’t think so because I use the built-in MapKit framework which now uses Apple Maps. It seems to work fine in my area though. (Calgary, Alberta, Canada). At the very least it should pinpoint your GPS location.

Brendan

December 5, 2012 at 6:43 PM #5650

Roo
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Brendan,
    Glad to say that after a reboot, the Locations feature is now working again with Apple Maps. Hopefully Apple will fix their database problems soon.

December 7, 2012 at 4:10 AM #5653

Brendan
    Keymaster

Apple Maps is a great implementation of maps. They do just need to update the data in the back-end. But that has nothing to do with the front-end. I use Siri all the time for navigation now. I used to use Navigon, but it’s much more convenient to just ask Siri to take you somewhere I find.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.