Managing Pick Lists

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

David Butenhof
    Participant

It’s interesting that TapForms treats Pick Lists as a global resource. In many ways, this seems good, and I like it.

However, I’ve imported a lot of old Bento forms, and ended up with a number of duplicated (or nearly duplicated) Pick Lists from Bento fields. For example, I have about 6 different Pick Lists with members of my family.

I’d like to be able to

1. Determine where each Pick List is used
    2. Change all references from one Pick List to another
    3. (bonus round, since this is straightforward to do manually) Merge two Pick Lists so that the “target” contains all entries in two “sources” (one of which may be the target)
    December 16, 2014 at 3:50 AM #12322

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Well the only way to find out which Pick List is used where is to make sure all your Pick Lists have unique names, and then just click on your form’s fields to find which Pick Lists have been assigned to the fields. There’s no function right now to find out which fields a Pick List has been assigned to.

I’m assuming these are feature requests though and you’re not actually asking how to do these operations (because at the moment you can’t). And when I say “at the moment”, I don’t mean that I’m working on adding that. I just mean that perhaps one day I may implement something like that, but it all depends on customer demand and what else I’m currently working on. In other words, I’m not saying no, but I’m not saying yes either :-)

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.