macOS requirements for v5.2

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

I tried updating Tap Forms on my wife’s laptop, but it wouldn’t download from the Mac App Store after clicking the Update button. Then I noticed that the system requirements specify “macOS 10.12 or later”, and she’s on El Cap 10.11.6.

Is it really true Tap Forms now requires Sierra? Her 2009 laptop can’t even be updated.

Thanks,
    Mike

September 24, 2017 at 5:35 PM #24835

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

I’m afraid so. I can only realistically support 2 OS versions. The current version and one back. And High Sierra is coming out within the next couple of days and I had to update a bunch of the APIs which Apple marked as deprecated in Sierra.

September 24, 2017 at 5:40 PM #24837

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Okay, it is what it is. What will happen if she tries to open a DB document in 5.1.4 with a form that uses new 5.2 features, like field types and functions that didn’t exist before?

September 24, 2017 at 6:10 PM #24839

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well, I don’t really recommend syncing between an old and new version document. Mostly because there are functions that wouldn’t work in the Calculation field on the old version. The Table field won’t display on the old version. And the Join Link Type may behave like a Many to Many Link Type. There would be no data displayed though.

I don’t really recommend it though, but your mileage may vary. It should be fine though if you don’t use the Table field, the new Join Link Type. or use any of the new formula functions.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.