Mac Version Search Creation

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Roo.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Roo
    Participant

I have just downloaded the new Mac version and really love the extra functionality of the column views and printing options. However, although searches that were previously created on the iPad were imported by syncing, I don’t seem to be able to edit them as they keep reverting to the previously defined search rule. Also I can’t work out how to create a new search?

Many thanks

April 8, 2013 at 12:41 AM #6094

Brendan
    Keymaster

To edit an existing search that you’ve synced from your iPad, click on the search underneath the form, then click on the Edit button down below. That will display the search criteria on the right above the list of records.

To create a new search on the Mac, just start typing a value into the Search field. Then when your records filter, you’ll see a Save and a + button. Click the + button to setup some search rules, then click the Save button. You can rename a search by clicking on the search name and pressing the return key underneath the form.

Thanks!

Brendan

April 8, 2013 at 4:53 AM #6095

Roo
    Participant

Thanks Brendan,
    However, when I try to set up a rule with a field that “contains” a value from the pick list it does not seem to register, either on a new search or on editing an existing one. I am pressing Save but it doesn’t seem to work?

April 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM #6098

Brendan
    Keymaster

When you click the Save button you should see the saved search appear beneath the form on the left column of the app. Do you not see that? Also, when you enter in a value into one of the fields, you may need to press the Return key in the search rule field to make it stick. You should see your records filter in the list of records below.

April 12, 2013 at 4:00 AM #6117

Roo
    Participant

Thanks Brendan. Pressing the Return instead of Save works just fine! Problem solved (even though not so intuitive). Cheers

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.