Mac Version Hangs

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Shrimpfarmer
    Participant

Hi Brendan

I love Tapforms but I am sorry to say I am having problems with the new Mac version.

I synced my iphone to the Mac. I have one file that is encrypted. I didnt decrypt that file before syncing and I am not sure if you are supposed to do that first. Anyway it synced and appeared in the Mac version.

The data was still encrypted and I tried to fix this in the Mac version. Regardless of whether I decrypt the form or encrypt it the fields remain encrypted. I then thought I would ammend the form to turn the encryption off. However whenever I try to edit the form Tapforms hangs.

I then tried uninstalling Tapforms and reinstalling on the Mac thinking I would start afresh. When I ran it all my files etc reappeared so now I am stuck.

Is there a way to get back to a fresh install of tapforms on the mac?

What is the correct way to synchronize an encrypted file?

I am unable to edit any form within Tapforms on the Mac, even non encrypted ones.

September 11, 2012 at 10:24 AM #5377

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

Here’s how to get back to the beginning with a fresh install:

1. open the Terminal application
    2. Enter in this command:

defaults delete com.tapforms.mac

3. In the Finder, select the Go menu and select “Go to Folder…”
    4. Enter in this path:

~/Library/Containers

5. Move the com.tapforms.mac folder to the trash.
    6. Relaunch Tap Forms Mac.

You should be back with the beginning database.

There is currently a bug in Tap Forms Mac 1.0 that causes the app to hang if you delete all the built-in categories. I have fixed this and submitted the fix to Apple for my 1.0.1 update.

Sorry for the trouble,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.