Mac Desktop App 5.0.9 Build 1571 Font size not retained

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Mac Desktop App 5.0.9 Build 1571 Font size not retained

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Adrian Mathie
    Participant

Dear Brendan

BUG REPORT: FOLLOW STEPS BELOW TO REPRODUCE

1. Create a new database and a blank form.
    2. Create two fields, one text field and one notes field.
    3. Create a simple custom layout.
    4. Create two or more records and enter some text in the note fields.
    5. Change the size of the font in one of the records notes field from within the custom layout and then click on another record in the records list to the left.
    6. Click back on the original record and the font has reverted back to its pre-edit size.

The other formatting, for example colour changes, seem to work ok.

November 7, 2016 at 1:44 PM #20338

Brendan
    Keymaster

I can confirm that if the text in the Note field is still selected on your custom layout and you click on another record, the change in the font size won’t stick. But if you click off the text so it’s no longer selected then it will save the change when you switch to another record.

November 9, 2016 at 1:32 PM #20347

Adrian Mathie
    Participant

Thanks Brendan,

From a users point of view, I think it much better that you change this so that all formatting is saved when you click off the record in any way, either clicking back into the notes pane or on to another record. Otherwise, different types of formatting work in different ways, it just behaves counterintuitively and is likely to be considered a bug, as in my case as I’ve reported it as a bug.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.