Mac Calendar Integration?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

grooveagent
    Participant

Didn’t Tapforms have calendar integration? Say for example I set a record for a certain date it would appear in Apple calendar? Or am I thinking of Bento?

Thanks.

August 12, 2016 at 12:49 PM #18530

Leo
    Participant

Yes it did and it has.

Select the date-time field. from there you can set it and put the description in calendar.

August 13, 2016 at 1:20 AM #18547

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, and Tap Forms will add a link to your calendar such that if you click on it in Calendar, it will take you back to that record in Tap Forms. New in version 5 is also the ability to set a custom title on the calendar event.

August 13, 2016 at 2:39 PM #18579

grooveagent
    Participant

Oh I see it now. My first mistake was I set to Date instead of Data and Time. Secondly I expected the settings to be with the Field settings instead of showing up when you click in the form and manually click “add to calendar” for each record.

I’m assuming there is no way to automatically add it to the calendar? This would be a good feature addition in the future.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    May 28, 2017 at 10:17 AM #23295

Zippidty Doodah
    Participant

My calendar links are grayed out. Have I forgotten to allow something? Using ver 5.1.3.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    May 28, 2017 at 11:55 PM #23298

Brendan
    Keymaster

Check your Privacy settings in the System Preferences app and make sure that you’ve given Tap Forms permission to access your Calendar.

Also 5.1.4 adds an Add to Reminders button there too.

May 29, 2017 at 8:55 AM #23299

ArsAstronautica
    Participant

Also 5.1.4 adds an Add to Reminders button there too.

Oh excellent! I am about to start a rather extensive research project and will likely use TF as the repository for all the texts, etc. and a link to reminders will be very useful.

May 29, 2017 at 5:13 PM #23303

Brendan
    Keymaster

Please note that the link in Reminders is added to the Reminder Note field because for some dumb reason the Reminders app doesn’t have a URL field. AND it only works on Mac. On iOS, the link doesn’t act like a link at all. But on Mac it does so you can click on it to see the record.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.