Mac Air Sync difficulty

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Colleen Easley
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been using Tap forms for a few years and love how it keeps getting better and better. But I’m having a strange problem syncing. I have a iMac, Macbook Air, iPhone and iPad. All sync fine except the Air. I do most of my updating on the iMac, then sync to the other devises. Every time I open Tap Forms on the Air, the sync fails. I get around the problem by disabling sync and re-enabling and then it syncs fine. Today I tried resetting sync and added the devices back one by one. They all show up in the sync list, but the Air is still refusing to sync without the extra steps of disabling and re-enabling sync. Any ideas on how to solve this?

February 14, 2016 at 6:41 PM #15958

Colleen Easley
    Participant

I should add that if I make a change to the Air database and upload, it syncs fine on all the other devices.

February 15, 2016 at 12:16 AM #15960

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Colleen,

Do you have the Sync on Launch function turned on? If so, turn that off and see if you still have the same problem.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM #15966

Colleen Easley
    Participant

Yes, I did have the Sync on Launch turned on and once I turned that off, it’s working perfectly. Thanks!!! I just left it on Manually and didn’t check either box and it seems to find the changes on its own and syncs them up great.

February 15, 2016 at 4:56 PM #15967

Brendan
    Keymaster

Receiving changes is always automatic. Sending changes is always manual.

That will be changed in an upgrade I’m working on. It will be fully automatic in both directions after that.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.