Lot of problems

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Jake Xon
    Participant

So Tapforms is one of my favorite programs and always worked very well. But after the update to Yosemite and iOs 8 it’s a mess.
    I tried it all. Signed out of iCloud, reset sync, created new encryption keys.
    I work for a while and then strange things happen.
    Suddenly all pictures are gone from the iOs devices, then they are back in a couple of hours, but not all. Ipad version freezes and don’t want to sync. Both the iphone and ipad app crashes sometimes.
    There is also blank events created by itself with date 1970?
    So I reset everything again and we see what happen. I just want to check if it’s just happen to me or I should relax and wait for an update?

Best

October 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM #11269

carlosMAP
    Participant

The same things are happening to me. Maybe since I enabled iCloud Drive, of after iOS 8.1 update, I don’t really know.

I hope to be a temporary problem, solved by the next update. For now, I can only use my iPad, where I keep the most recent modifications, unable to sync to other devices.

October 24, 2014 at 1:52 AM #11292

Jake Xon
    Participant

So everything worked just fine up until now.
    I open the iPad and activate a sync. The iPad app crasch. And after restarting it’s very slow and all pictures are gone again,

Frustrating, yes.

What to do?

October 24, 2014 at 1:58 AM #11293

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Jake,

Did the iCloud Sync switch get disabled during the crash? If so, then Tap Forms would be looking in a different location for the photos. So they may not be gone, just in a folder where Tap Forms is only looking to when the Enable iCloud Sync switch is turned on.

Have you tried re-installing the app? There may have been a bad install during the download process. You will want to make a backup before you re-install though. And before you backup, make sure that iCloud Sync is enabled, but then disable it and choose the “Keep a Local Copy” option and then make your backup. Then copy your backup to your computer or upload it to Dropbox.

That being said, there are some issues that I’ve discovered and I am working on a 3.9.2 update.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 24, 2014 at 3:32 AM #11303

Jake Xon
    Participant

Hi thank you fot a Quick replay.

No I don’t think the seitch get turned of.
    This time I reebooted the iPad and started TF and it worked and the pictures where ther again.
    An yes I reinstalled the program and did everything else. But now sudanly TF on my iPhone hangs on events and get stuck.

Really don’t know where to start.

And when I do backups, which I do on my Mac. Sometimes the size of the backup gets very small. I think normal is about 400 meg but sometimes the backup just be about 30 meg. So I don’t really trust them totally. Any idea?

Best Jake

October 24, 2014 at 4:17 AM #11308

Jake Xon
    Participant

So just for your info. After rebooting the iPhone it works fine again for the time Bering. Strange.

October 24, 2014 at 7:58 AM #11315

Jake Xon
    Participant

So it stop working again. Rebooted iPhone, iPad and Mac. Up and running again.
    So it seams to me that its connected to ios 8.1. But what do I know :-)

October 24, 2014 at 6:41 PM #11337

carlosMAP
    Participant

Everything working right now, iPhone and iPad with iOS 8.1, Tap Forms 3.0, after a couple of reboot, reinstall app for Mac and iPhone, a encryption key change and many times enabling and disabling iCloud sync. And a lot of patience.

3.0 update runs OK and it’s a pretty nice app. Good job, Brendan.

October 24, 2014 at 8:05 PM #11342

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m experiencing some hang ups with Tap Forms today too. It almost feels like it’s an iCloud issue. Some sort of hang-up when trying to access iCloud. Especially when you have a photo field, Tap Forms tries to see if the file has been downloaded from iCloud or not. I think that may be causing a lock up for a bit. If you wait long enough, it would get itself unstuck. For me that seemed to be around 30 seconds or so. It think it’s an iCloud timeout or something. All I’m doing in code is asking the OS to tell me if the file has been downloaded or not. I think that call might be locking things up.

I just read about a nasty bug in iOS 8.1 which is causing a deadlock when asking iCloud if the user is logged in. This may be related to that bug.

Please see the following link for more details on this:

http://openradar.appspot.com/18702493

Warning, it may be a bit of a technical read, but there is some info in there to be gleamed.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 27, 2014 at 12:09 AM #11401

Josef Tingbratt
    Participant

Hi Brendan and all of you other Tap-Forms users!
    I have been using Bento for many years now but after trouble with Bento and it’s lack of updates I decided to give Tap Forms another chance.

I have made some great registers for my work, one customer-register one for the orders and one for the driving with my car at work.

But as many of you have noticed the sync is not working correctly in iOS8 and Yosemite. I have after many mails with brendan solved a first sync where all entries are synced from my computer to my iPhone and iPad. But when I add a new entry in any of them they don’t sync. I have tried to log off iCloud, reset sync etc. etc. but no success.

Is there a problem with iCloud in general?

BTW Shouldn’t there be a TapForms folder visible in iCloud-Drive?

October 27, 2014 at 3:02 AM #11404

Patrice Hof
    Participant

Hi everybody,
    I cannot try to reboot, reinstall, reset and so on continuously.
    So while the iCloud sync issue is being fixed, I try to use a kind of dropbox sync between my 3 mac.
    1. iCloud sync is disabled on every device
    2. When launching TF on a mac, I begin with restoring the TFxxx.zip stored on my dropbox.
    3. Before closing TF, I save a new TFxxx.zip on my dropbox.

So the data is always up-to-date when i use TF.

The problem however is that TF on iOS doesn’t leave me free to choose the zip-file I want to restore. So, waiting the next TF update, I don’t use TF on iOS. I’ll see if it’s possible for me!

October 27, 2014 at 9:34 AM #11409

Jake Xon
    Participant

It seams that the problems are more general http://www.macstories.net/ios/ios-8-1-and-icloud-issues/

October 27, 2014 at 6:24 PM #11421

Colleen Easley
    Participant

Well, today turns out to be the day I decided I had to make the move to TapForms. I’ve been playing around with it for about a year, but after updating my iMac to Yosemite and finding that Bento no longer works there, I’m trying to get TapForms up and running. Oddly enough, Bento works on Yosemite on my MacBook Air, so I exported my templates and data to import into TapForms. Works on the Air, but no way can I get it to sync through iCloud to my iPad. So frustrated. I’m in the middle of taking registrations in for an upcoming conference. Not sure what to do, but since Bento is working on the Air, I guess I’ll keep working there and export again once I’m done. TapForms is also jerky and slow with the spinning ball popping up all the time. I hate to think I’ll have to end up buying Filemaker, but with a membership of over 1000 in one club and 100 in another, I can’t afford to have these kinds of problems.

October 30, 2014 at 7:32 AM #11509

Josef Tingbratt
    Participant

So my current status is:
    Macbook Air: TF runs fine, it says it syncs to iCloud, but there are no visible signs of it since i can’t see it in iCloud-drive
    iPad: Synced all of my forms but not my entries. Moved another database from Bento to TF and the form is synced but none of the over 200 entries that is visible on my Macbook air
    iPhone: I have reinstalled the taprooms app, 5-10 times, logged in and out of iCloud and iCloud drive. Once a while the iCloud sync says that i need to activate iCloud drive the next time i see only my iphone in the devices. And occasionally i see all my units but normally the sync date and time for my macbook is wrong (there is a later sync available).

However I do not trust the sync and are very upset about these issues since i need my forms to work properly! I am also not aware if my main files are safe on my macbook (except for the time-machine backup). Are they on the iCloud drive?

Brendan, these issues needs to be solved asap, if it is an apple-issue let us know.

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.