Lost Layout Field

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Tom Banks
    Participant

One field in one custom layout has disappeared and I can’t figure out how to uncover it. The default layout shows the field, but the custom layout suddenly does not. The label for the field is present, but there is no outline for the field itself in that sole field. Other fields are are normal. I used Time Machine to restore a version of the file from a time when I am positive that field was visible, but the restore made no difference. The Layout list of fields contains the name for that field. There’s no indication of different background color. All other fields work normally in that custom layout, and they all have worked for a year or more. I did not edit the layout in any way that I am aware of. I’ll appreciate help with this.

June 1, 2018 at 2:33 PM #28853

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tom,

If you click on the Layers tab, do you see both the label and the field there? If you see the field there in the Layers list, click on it. Then check the x, y, width, and height, parameters for it. See if the field is still within the layout design’s visible area. If not, adjust those values to make it appear.

If it doesn’t show up on the Layers tab, then just drag it back in again from the Fields list. All should be well after that.

Thanks!

Brendan

June 1, 2018 at 2:57 PM #28854

Tom Banks
    Participant

Hi, Brendan——

The second solution——to drag the missing field back from the Fields list——was the solution for me. Many thanks for a quick resolution! And I learned something, besides.

Tom

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.