Loss of Focus (Feature Request)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

scneophyte
    Participant

My forms are quite long and, when editing a form field that is far down the page, when hitting enter, the form reloads and takes me back to the top requiring me to move the screen back to where I was working.

This reduces efficiency and is very annoying!

signed,
    otherwise happy customer :)

February 16, 2018 at 3:45 PM #27386

Brendan
    Keymaster

Which version of Tap Forms are you referring to? And which view? Default Layout? Custom Layout? Multi-column list view?

Although focus is removed from the field when you press the return key, it doesn’t appear to scroll the content. At least not in the few tests I’ve just done.

February 17, 2018 at 7:15 AM #27392

scneophyte
    Participant

Apologies.

– Current version (on Beta, but issue occurs on 1774 too)
    – Default View

Steps to repeat:
    1. Design a form that contains enough fields that you must scroll down the page to see them all
    2. Select a field towards the bottom of the screen
    3. Activate the Form Inspection Panel
    4. Edit the Field Title for the field select in step 2

Expected behavior: focus and view remain static
    Actual behavior: form is reloaded and the view is now at the top of the form

February 17, 2018 at 11:17 AM #27394

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah! When you said “editing a form field” in your original post, I thought you meant entering in data into that field. Yes, when you change a field name, Tap Forms reloads the form, which causes the scroll position of the table to be put back to the top. I’ll see if there’s something I can do about that.

February 17, 2018 at 1:38 PM #27397

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ve changed it now so that Tap Forms won’t scroll to the top when you’re selecting records. It will if you add a new record. The record selection code was also triggered when you renamed a field because the Default Layout has to be rebuilt when you rename, rearrange, add, or delete a field.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.