Looking for simple script for writing hashtags

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Looking for simple script for writing hashtags

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Kimberley Hoffman
    Participant

Hi Brendan and the rest of the community,

Could someone suggest a simple script for creating a hashtag out of a blog keyword?

I have a file that is connected to my social media file planner. The purpose of the script is to automatically write a hashtag from a keyword. Both will appear in the editorial theme file which I will then copy and paste into wherever they belong. The keyword would be copied into Yoast for my WordPress blog , the hashtag would be copied into Instagram,Twitter or Facebook.

i.e. Keyword = Mannheim; The result of the script should be #Mannheim

I realize I could just use copy and paste from the keyword line in the file into the hashtag line. But it would be timesaving to automate that. Unfortunately I don’t know how to write scripts.

Would somebody help me, please? Thanks.
    Kimberley

March 21, 2019 at 10:58 PM #34072

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kimberly,

You can also do something like this with a Calculation field or a Script field. It’s up to you.

But in a Calculation field, the formula would simply be:

"#" + Keyword

Set the formula to return Text.

Then in your Calculation field you’ll get #Keyword as the result, where the value of Keyword is whatever is in the Keyword field.

Give that a try and if you’d prefer a script, let me know.

March 22, 2019 at 1:04 AM #34074

Kimberley Hoffman
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan. The simplest way to Rome is the best. It worked after I realized I had to put the hashtag symbol between quotation marks. (Your answer came in through my eMail program and my brain functions haven’t finished their coffee yet).

Have a great weekend.

Regards,
    Kimberley

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.