locked out by encryption key desperate

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Vaughan
    Participant

Hi I have an iPhone 5 IOS 9.0.1
    tonight I updated to the latest version of Tapforms
    When I restarted the app it worked fine no password requested
    I used too use a passoword about 3 or 4 versions ago and it stopped working and I paid this no regard to this
    when I went back to the app about 1 hour later i was greeted by an encryption key request.

I cannot open the app.

I tried previous 4 digit number code and ABC encryption code I use for my credt card info and nothing lets me in

I have everthing inside this app from passwords to expenses to business mileage to credit card info.

How to I resolve this as I desperatley need access

Vaughan

regards

Vaughan

I read a previous thread about password recovery on the mac but I use a pc windows 8

October 1, 2015 at 3:30 PM #14816

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Vaughan,

Do you have a recent backup of your data that you can restore to? It sounds like the database may have become corrupted somehow.

You’ll need to replace the TapForms_db.sqlite file from a recent backup file. You can do that using iTunes File Sharing. Backup files are just compressed zip files, so you can unzip the file and then find the TapForms_db.sqlite file inside there and replace the one in iTunes File Sharing with the one extracted from the backup. Then re-launch Tap Forms and you should be able to get in. Hopefully you have a recent backup. My apologies for this issue. Not sure what would have caused that.

October 2, 2015 at 9:14 AM #14822

Vaughan
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Many Thanks that resolved it and I only lost 1 weeks data. I need to set the sync up as my backups are now 250mb and take ages to upload to dropbox.

I have a notes app that autosyncs everytime you open it so nothing to remember. Is this available in tapforms and I havn’t found it or an idea that could go into the wish list

thanks again for excellent support as ususal

Vaughan

October 2, 2015 at 9:48 PM #14837

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Vaughan,

I’m working on a whole new sync system which will make sync fully automatic, but it’s not ready yet and won’t be for a while, but it’s coming.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.