Location info

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Samd12
    Participant

Is there a way to enter the gps coordinates to enter location or at least modify the coordinates it assigns. Some locations I want to enter do are not an actual street address just coordinates that could be any where?

April 6, 2010 at 5:52 PM #4018

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Samd12,

I’ll take that as a feature request because at the moment the only way to do that would be to import your location coordinates in a CSV file.

To see the format required, first do a CSV export of your records, then take a look at the file in a text editor or Excel or Numbers then replicate that format for a file you’d like to import.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 20, 2010 at 9:19 AM #4167

malcolmfraser
    Participant

Hi – could you explain a bit more about how the location field works? The pin doesn’t seem to stay in the place where I drop it, instead finds a nearby residential address, similarly when I move the pin around it behaves strangely and doesn’t stay where I drop it (if I exit the record and go back into it.)

Thanks

Malcolm

August 20, 2010 at 4:46 PM #4168

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Malcolm,

You have to tap the Save button for it to remember where you dropped the pin. I also do an address lookup when you drag and drop the pin. Sometimes the Save button doesn’t light up when you do this. I’ll fix that.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 20, 2010 at 6:12 PM #4169

malcolmfraser
    Participant

Hi Brendan – thanks again – I’ve had another play around with it and I see what you mean about the save button, and I realised I can easily delete the residential details that autopopulate.

thanks

Malcolm

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.