Location field location type specification

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Location field location type specification

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Peter Laundy
    Participant

This is a can it be done/if so how question:
    I need to generate spreadsheet address list exports from a set of property owner forms that are conditional in the following ways, and am wondering how to set things up to maximize automation:

Depending on whether property owners opt for:

1. use of property street addresses
    2. or property lat/lon location
    3. or to be excluded entirely from the map generated from this exported address list

The exported spreadsheet would need to:

1. include street address
    2. or lat/lon address
    3. or not include the property in the list

I’m assuming a pick list would be involved concerning the three options, with an if/then formula depending on pick list items chosen. I note that the Tap Form location field auto-generates lat/lon from street addresses, but I don’t see any capabilities of choosing which address type (street or lat/lon) to select in export. So I suspect that I would need to create a separate text field to capture the lat/lon for property owners who choose to have their location listed this way, and the if/then logic choose this field if the property owner wanted to be located on the map using lat/lon rather than street address.

August 21, 2018 at 8:58 PM #30324

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

This might be complicated with a Calculation field, but in Tap Forms 5.3 I’ve added a new Script field where you can write JavaScript functions to generate results. I would suggest it’s easier to do what you want if you know a bit of JavaScript to do your if/then logic to get the results that you want.

Tap Forms 5.3 will be out next month when Mojave and iOS 12 are released.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.